img16

செய்திகள்&நிகழ்ச்சிகள்

Home வேண்டத்தக்கது வரலாறு

வரலாறு

தமிழ்நாட்டில் தஞ்சாவூர் மாவட்டத்தில் பல தமிழ் கல்லூரிகள் உள்ளன. தென் ஆற்காடு மாவட்டத்தில் ஒரு தமிழ் கல்லூரியும் உள்ளன. ஆனால் கோயமுத்தூரில் தமிழ் கல்லூரி இல்லை அதனால் 1950ல், இளையபட்டமாக இருந்த தவத்திரு சாந்தலிங்க இராமசாமி அடிகளார், அவர்களுடைய சன்னிதானம் தவத்திரு ஆறுமுக சுவாமிகளின் அனுமதியோடு கோவையில் தமிழ் கல்லூரியை தொடங்கினார்.

அடிகளாருடன் திரு.கோவைகிழார் கே.எம்.ராமசந்திரர் செட்டியார், திரு.ஆர்.கே.சண்முகம் செட்டியார், சைவத்திரு.வி.சி.சுப்பைய கவுண்டர் ஆகியோர் இணைந்து இந்நிறுவனத்திற்க்கு “தமிழ் கல்லூரி கழகம்” எனப் பெயரிட்டனர். 31-12-1952 ஆம் ஆண்டு சென்னை பல்கலைகழகத்தில் பதிவுசெய்யப்பட்டது பதிவு எண் 19/1952 ஆகும். தமிழ் கல்லூரி தொடங்கப்பட்ட நாள் 24-6-1953

நமது கல்லூரியின் முதல் தலைமைபொறுப்பில் இருந்தவர் சுதந்திர இந்தியாவின் முதல் நிதிதுறை அமைச்சராக இருந்த திரு.ஆர்.கே.சண்முகச் செட்டியார் ஆவார். அவருக்கு பிறகு சைவத்திரு.வி.சி.சுப்பையா கவுண்டர் தலைமைபொறுப்பை ஏற்றார்.

At the beginning of this institution, Sir R.K.Sanmugam Chettiar, the first Finance Minister of the Independent India was the head. After him, Saivathiru V.Csubaiya Gounder was the head. For the growth of the college, he donated 97.07 acre of land and Gnambigai Mill’s share worth Rs.6,000. Moreover he gave 6 acres of groves to the college. Other than this, he helped Tamil college whenever the neede arises.

கல்லூரின் ஆரம்பகாலத்தில், கோவைகிழார்.கே.எம்.ராமச்சந்திர செட்டியார் அவர்கள் செயலாளர்,________, மற்றும் முதல்வர் பதிவிகளை வகித்தார்.

இராமசாமி அடிகளார் அவர்கள் கல்லூரியின் ஆரம்பத்தில் துணை முதல்வராக இருந்தார். இவர் அரசு மற்றும் வசதிபடைத்தோரிடமிருந்து உதவிகளை பெற்று கல்லூரி நடத்த வழிவகைசெய்தார்.

 

After Subaiya Gounder, Arulselvar, Dr.N.Magalingam was the head of the college committee. Then, in 1988, he gave his charge to Thavathiru Santhalinga Ramasamy Adigalar, who was the head of Thirumutt.

Thavathiru Santhalinga Ramasamy Adigalar who worked as secretary and principal of Tamil college become the head of the institution. Honourable, Judge R.Sengottuvelan is continuing to be the secretary of the college committee. The former college educational director Dr.K.MeenakshiSundaram was the Secretary of this college during 1-6-1998 to 2-2-2000.

Since 3-2-2000, Thavathiru Ramasamy Adigal is the secretary of the college.

This college which established on 1953-54, conducted Pandit classes from 1974 upto 1975.

In 1975-76 B.Lit four year course was started. Then between 1980-81, it was changed into three years course.

During 1981-82, Tamil M.A class and in 1983-84 Tamil M.Phil part-time and full-time class, phd part-time classes were started.

In the year 1989-90, B.com(English Medium)

Classes were started. And during 1990-91 (self-Finance section) B.com (Tamil Medium) classes were commenced.

During the year 1993-94, evening time, BCS corporate, B.SC Computer Science classes were also started.

Upto 1981-82, Tamil college which was affliated to Chennai University and when Bharathiyar University was started on 1982-83 this college was affliated to it.

In 3-1-1976, head of Indian Republic, Methagu Jaati visited Tamil college and he took major part in the opening ceremony of the Tamil Nadu hostel. Governor K.K.Shah was the chief guest, many scholars and people in high posts came and presided over the function.

Since 1953, this college gave importance to develop the Tamil Language, and it gave importance to music and drama. On behalf of Golden Jublie,Perur Adigalar, ordered “Muthamil” to be a part of Degree courses. So,from this year, Tamil college will be a “Muthamil” college.